SharePoint and PDFs
Everyone knows that the Adobe PDF iFilter can be used to index PDF files, so I was quite surprised to look at an SP2010 farm last week that was only sometimes showing the PDF icon, and sometimes a blank icon.
Of course the solution to this was obvious, this farm had 2 WFE servers and the icon file and DOCICON.XML file had only been updated on one server, so a couple a minutes later everything was working once I had updated the 2nd server.
Here are the Microsoft instructions on how to install the PDF iFilter http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2293357
but personally I prefer the Nick Grattan instructions.
- SharePoint and Document Versioning within Word.
- SP.ClientContext.get_current is null or not an object
- Splitting a date into Year, Quarter and Month for analysis purposes in InfoPath 2010 #SP2010 #SharePoint #in
- Timesheet Managers in Project Server 2013
- Using jQuery to return all members / users of a group #in #SP2010 #SharePoint
- SharePoint Designer 2013 workflow action "Call HTTP Web Service"
- Finding a SharePoint Farm build version
- #SharePoint 2010 Media Web Part–Options, FAQ’s and other useful information #SP2010 #PS2010 #MSProject #ProjectServer #SUGUK
- Updating User Profile Properties via PowerShell (PictureURL)–SharePoint 2010 #in #SP2010
- 294,352 hits