SharePoint and PDFs
Everyone knows that the Adobe PDF iFilter can be used to index PDF files, so I was quite surprised to look at an SP2010 farm last week that was only sometimes showing the PDF icon, and sometimes a blank icon.
Of course the solution to this was obvious, this farm had 2 WFE servers and the icon file and DOCICON.XML file had only been updated on one server, so a couple a minutes later everything was working once I had updated the 2nd server.
Here are the Microsoft instructions on how to install the PDF iFilter http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2293357
but personally I prefer the Nick Grattan instructions.
- Clearing the SharePoint Designer 2007 / 2010 Cache
- Updating User Profile Properties via PowerShell (PictureURL)–SharePoint 2010 #in #SP2010
- Calculated Column Formula: Probability and impact analysis for risks #SharePoint #SP2010 #ProjectServer #PS2010 #EPM #MSProject #in
- SharePoint and Document Versioning within Word.
- Timesheet Managers in Project Server 2013
- Programmatically setting a field to hidden within a Content Type #SharePoint #SP2010 #in
- Take control of your log files
- SharePoint Designer 2013 #SPD2013
- SharePoint Designer 2013 workflow action "Call HTTP Web Service"
- 340,248 hits