SharePoint and PDFs
Everyone knows that the Adobe PDF iFilter can be used to index PDF files, so I was quite surprised to look at an SP2010 farm last week that was only sometimes showing the PDF icon, and sometimes a blank icon.
Of course the solution to this was obvious, this farm had 2 WFE servers and the icon file and DOCICON.XML file had only been updated on one server, so a couple a minutes later everything was working once I had updated the 2nd server.
Here are the Microsoft instructions on how to install the PDF iFilter http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2293357
but personally I prefer the Nick Grattan instructions.
- SharePoint and Document Versioning within Word.
- SP.ClientContext.get_current is null or not an object
- Timesheet Managers in Project Server 2013
- Updating User Profile Properties via PowerShell (PictureURL)–SharePoint 2010 #in #SP2010
- Excel formulas not auto calculating but F9 still works #in
- Embedding PDF files with the Content Editor Web Part #SP2010 #SP2013 #MSProject
- #SharePoint Web Front-End HTTP 404 Response but no errors in the log #SP2010 #PS2010 #MSProject #ProjectServer #in
- Clearing the SharePoint Designer 2007 / 2010 Cache
- Create a New MySite Host Site
- 325,219 hits