SharePoint and PDFs
Everyone knows that the Adobe PDF iFilter can be used to index PDF files, so I was quite surprised to look at an SP2010 farm last week that was only sometimes showing the PDF icon, and sometimes a blank icon.
Of course the solution to this was obvious, this farm had 2 WFE servers and the icon file and DOCICON.XML file had only been updated on one server, so a couple a minutes later everything was working once I had updated the 2nd server.
Here are the Microsoft instructions on how to install the PDF iFilter http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2293357
but personally I prefer the Nick Grattan instructions.
- Clearing the SharePoint Designer 2007 / 2010 Cache
- Security Validation Issue - Form Services issue with SP1+June 2011 CU (Release 2) #in #SP2010 #SharePoint #MSProject #ProjectServer
- Windows XP SP3 windows updates not working with 100% CPU–this will sort it!
- SharePoint and Document Versioning within Word.
- Updating User Profile Properties via PowerShell (PictureURL)–SharePoint 2010 #in #SP2010
- Timesheet Managers in Project Server 2013
- Using jQuery to return the Managed Metadata Term GUID #SP2010 #SharePoint #in
- Add the SharePoint Version Number to a Word Document
- Exporting Admin Approved #InfoPath Forms. #SP2007 to #SP2010
- 270,636 hits