Excel Services Problem. “An unexpected error has occurred”
I was recently asked to look at an Excel Services problem, where rather then a spreadsheet opening in the browser we were getting the ever helpful “An unexpected error has occurred” screen.
Checking in CA the Excel Services service application seemed to be provisioned, the settings seemed okay and the service was running, a quick check in Windows event log soon found the problem
The service application was not registered with the default web application.
As soon as we set the association, Excel Services sprang into life
- Windows 10 upgrade adventures–HP Stream 7 edition #Win10 #Upgrade #HPStream7
- Delete all list Item and file versions from site and sub sites using CSOM and PowerShell
- Using the “Inactivate Tasks” functionality
- Using jQuery to return all members / users of a group #in #SP2010 #SharePoint
- Migrate data from one SQL table to another database table
- Programmatically Disable Event Firing on List Item Update in SharePoint 2010
- Automating SharePoint 2013 Usage Reports
- Calculated Column Formula: Probability and impact analysis for risks #SharePoint #SP2010 #ProjectServer #PS2010 #EPM #MSProject #in
- Using Knockout.js in a SharePoint Context
- Create Dev/Test SharePoint 2013 environment in Azure
- 503,613 hits