Excel Services Problem. “An unexpected error has occurred”
I was recently asked to look at an Excel Services problem, where rather then a spreadsheet opening in the browser we were getting the ever helpful “An unexpected error has occurred” screen.
Checking in CA the Excel Services service application seemed to be provisioned, the settings seemed okay and the service was running, a quick check in Windows event log soon found the problem
The service application was not registered with the default web application.
As soon as we set the association, Excel Services sprang into life
- Calculated Column Formula: Probability and impact analysis for risks #SharePoint #SP2010 #ProjectServer #PS2010 #EPM #MSProject #in
- Using Knockout.js in a SharePoint Context
- Sharepoint 2013 “mark task complete”
- SharePoint Designer 2013 #SPD2013
- Unique alphanumeric list ID's via SPD Workflow and Calculated Columns #SharePoint #SP2010 #in
- Finding a SharePoint Farm build version
- Timesheet Managers in Project Server 2013
- Project Server - "An unknown error has occurred"
- 498,727 hits