SharePoint and PDFs
Everyone knows that the Adobe PDF iFilter can be used to index PDF files, so I was quite surprised to look at an SP2010 farm last week that was only sometimes showing the PDF icon, and sometimes a blank icon.
Of course the solution to this was obvious, this farm had 2 WFE servers and the icon file and DOCICON.XML file had only been updated on one server, so a couple a minutes later everything was working once I had updated the 2nd server.
Here are the Microsoft instructions on how to install the PDF iFilter http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2293357
but personally I prefer the Nick Grattan instructions.
- Automating SharePoint 2013 Usage Reports
- Sharepoint 2013 “mark task complete”
- Excel Services Problem. "An unexpected error has occurred"
- Calculated Column Formula: Probability and impact analysis for risks #SharePoint #SP2010 #ProjectServer #PS2010 #EPM #MSProject #in
- Programmatically setting a field to hidden within a Content Type #SharePoint #SP2010 #in
- SharePoint Designer 2013 workflow action "Call HTTP Web Service"
- Embedding PDF files with the Content Editor Web Part #SP2010 #SP2013 #MSProject
- Splitting a date into Year, Quarter and Month for analysis purposes in InfoPath 2010 #SP2010 #SharePoint #in
- Excel formulas not auto calculating but F9 still works #in
- 493,712 hits