Group has Full Control but you cannot add a user to the group? #SharePoint
So we had an interesting support call come in today which had us stymied for about 5 minutes until we realised the obvious.
Essentially the user was in a SharePoint group that had a Permission Level with Full Control of the SharePoint site, however they could not add users to the group.
Site Collection Administrators of course could add users without issue.
The answer is of course to update the Group Settings to allow Group Members to edit.
- Go to the group “Portal Administrators” in this case (Site Actions (or Cog in SP2013) > Site Settings > Site Permissions)
- Under Settings select Group Settings
- Under the Group Settings section
- Who can edit the membership of this group? Group Members
And we’re done… just a little tidbit for today… till the next time.
- Sharepoint 2013 “mark task complete”
- Excel formulas not auto calculating but F9 still works #in
- Updating User Profile Properties via PowerShell (PictureURL)–SharePoint 2010 #in #SP2010
- Timesheet Managers in Project Server 2013
- Clearing the SharePoint Designer 2007 / 2010 Cache
- Calculated Column Formula: Probability and impact analysis for risks #SharePoint #SP2010 #ProjectServer #PS2010 #EPM #MSProject #in
- Unique alphanumeric list ID's via SPD Workflow and Calculated Columns #SharePoint #SP2010 #in
- Splitting a date into Year, Quarter and Month for analysis purposes in InfoPath 2010 #SP2010 #SharePoint #in
- SharePoint 2013 User Profile Service Application Publishing
- 503,055 hits