InfoPath 2010 People picker control
New with InfoPath 2010 is a People Picker control, this acts like the People Picker in SharePoint and allows you to choose contacts from AD.
I was using this control recently and wanted to promote the chosen person value to a list when the form is submitted, to my surprise I found that the submitted value was just a text value, not a presence aware name, so had none of the rich integration that OCS or Lync offers.
To get around this drawback I had to write a small workflow that fired when the form was submitted.
The workflow read the list value into a variable and then wrote it back to another column in the same list, but was key was to make the return field data type an Email Address.
Now we have a presence aware Name value.
- Sharepoint 2013 “mark task complete”
- Updating User Profile Properties via PowerShell (PictureURL)–SharePoint 2010 #in #SP2010
- Timesheet Managers in Project Server 2013
- Unique alphanumeric list ID's via SPD Workflow and Calculated Columns #SharePoint #SP2010 #in
- Excel formulas not auto calculating but F9 still works #in
- Calculated Column Formula: Probability and impact analysis for risks #SharePoint #SP2010 #ProjectServer #PS2010 #EPM #MSProject #in
- Splitting a date into Year, Quarter and Month for analysis purposes in InfoPath 2010 #SP2010 #SharePoint #in
- SharePoint 2013 User Profile Service Application Publishing
- Group has Full Control but you cannot add a user to the group? #SharePoint
- 502,998 hits