Code based Sandbox solutions finally on their way out in #O365 MT
This is just a short post to remind myself later when this occured.
From speaking to colleagues etc. advise from Microsoft went out to customers a couple of weeks ago and recently this article was published.
In particular, this should be noted:
Detailed below are recent actions taken and what to expect next:
- As part of the removal process, activation of new code-based sandbox solutions, as well as updates of existing solutions are no longer available.
- In the coming weeks, running code-based sandbox solutions in SharePoint Online multi-tenant environments also will be disabled. Customers with these solutions should watch the Message Center and Service Health Dashboard (SHD) for details, timelines, and exception processes.
And more importantly for No Code Sandbox Solutions
- Note that currently, we do not plan to deprecate or remove support for declarative (no-code) sandboxed solutions.
Sandbox Solutions have been deprecated (code based ones at least) for a long time now.
Relevant article from 2014:
- Advice and guidance from the awesome PnP team about remediation of Sandbox Solutions in their various forms is available here:
- PowerShell script to help find those pesky Sandbox Solutions in your tenant also from your friendly PnP team: https://github.com/OfficeDev/PnP-Tools/tree/master/Scripts/SharePoint.Sandbox.ListSolutionsFromTenant
Sympmarc.com provides guidance on the usage of the PowerShell script from the PnP including installation of the right modules (Azure, O365 etc.) for Windows…
More info is available here:
And lastly, Rencore also have a free tool to help you find those solutions (I haven’t tried this however):
- They state that as of today (10th August), Code based Sandbox Solutions will not be allowed within 21 days…